February 11, 2020
Metactive Medical Changes Name to Artio Medical
February 11, 2020—Metactive Medical, Inc. announced that it has changed its name to Artio Medical, Inc. effective immediately, as the company progresses toward commercialization. The company explained that Artio is a Latin word meaning to place with a tight fit, which aligns with its strategy of designing medical devices for precision placement and a hand-to-glove fit.
Artio Medical was founded in 2014 as a small research and development group focused on developing metal implants for vascular embolization. The organization has since grown and its focus now includes flexible polymer implants to address a wide range of clinical needs including artery, vein, and vascular aneurysm embolization. The company develops innovative endovascular products for the treatment of peripheral vascular, neurovascular, and structural heart diseases. Artio's products are designed to provide precision placement, immediate occlusion, and rapid sealing of arteries, veins, saccular aneurysms, and other blood-containing structures. The company's new website is www.artiomedical.com.
Artio Medical also announced new names for their portfolio of peripheral vascular and neurovascular embolization products under development, including:
- Solus Gold embolization device for peripheral vascular embolization
- Solus Flex embolization device for peripheral vascular embolization
- Aneura embolization coils for peripheral aneurysm embolization
- Aneura embolization device for peripheral aneurysm embolization
- Endura embolization coils for cerebral aneurysm embolization
- Endura embolization device for cerebral aneurysm embolization