May 6, 2020
ESC Congress 2020 Will Be Online “Digital Experience”
May 6, 2020—The European Society of Cardiology (ESC) announced that the ESC Congress 2020, which was scheduled for August 29 to September 2 in Amsterdam, the Netherlands, will now be fully online. The decision comes after an announcement from the Dutch government banning public gatherings until September 1 to prevent the spread of the novel coronavirus (COVID-19).
The society announced that “ESC Congress 2020: Challenging Times, Infinite Possibilities” will now be held online from August 29 to September 1. The call for Late-Breaking Science is open until May 21.
According to ESC, the “digital experience” will disseminate cardiovascular science in engaging formats and feature key opinion leaders from around the world. The conference will include:
- A dedicated COVID-19 track showcasing the first-hand experience of top experts across the globe
- Late-breaking trial sessions revealing the most anticipated clinical results
- Novel research presented in abstracts covering all areas of cardiovascular science
- Key opinion leaders explaining how new research impacts practice
- New ESC clinical practice guidelines will be introduced and discussed by those who wrote them
More information and details of online press conferences will be forthcoming at the ESC Congress 2020 website.
The ESC continues to regularly update its COVID-19 and Cardiology webpage.